Friday, July 08, 2005

The proposal

The phone rang; I saw the number and smiled. His sweet voice was on the other end. With no preamble he asked me ‘will you marry me?’ For a moment I was stunned into silence and then with a catch in my throat I said what I had to. ‘Yes! Yes, I will marry you’

He said that he was my prince charming and he would come on a horse to marry me. I couldn’t stop smiling. It was so sweet; so amazing.

‘I’ll get you pretty clothes and diamond jewelry. I’ll make you a beautiful big house, where I’ll keep you happy. We will call all our friends and enjoy every moment.’

I was in heaven… he was promising me everything a girl could ever want. I knew I was going to be the envy of everyone around me.

He said he couldn’t wait; he wanted to do this the next morning itself. Why would I argue? ‘Sure lets do it.’

The next morning arrived, and I waited… but prince charming never came…


Sigh…

He was in school with all the other 5 year olds and his Kaaguma still can’t stop smiling…

8 comments:

inmyeye said...

no pa, he wanted to marry ami.. not me...

bilbo said...

awwww kaguma,
now that was a proposal !

buckwaasur said...

lol...good one...

what does kaaguma mean though? :-)

Arpana Sanjay said...

Immie...
That was so sweet!! :-))))))

inmyeye said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
inmyeye said...

a little background on this one..

the 5 yr old is my best friend's son... she split from her husband when he was 6 months old and he has grown up thinking he has 2 mothers.... my friend and me... he calls her mummy... calls me 'kaaguma'... this inspite of the fact that he can say my actual name...

so yes it is a nick name.. the best one i will ever have...

every word i have written is actually stuff he has said.. i haven't made up one bit...

@ GuessWho & Reshmi... I agree... men just can't propose like this... it either has to be a dream or a unadultrated child...

btw, my fiance has yet to formally propose to me... the only that came close was him trying to do it with a medhuvada... :-)

Anonymous said...

ROTFL funny. Nice one.

Rajavel said...

lovely !!! lol !